Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Huge Fun at HUGE Fest 2010

Last weekend was one of my favorite Read traditions: HUGE Fest. This year the theme was luau, and the games, crafts, and concessions were even better than last year. I'd been looking forward to my second annual HUGE Fest since the day I moved back to B-Town in August!


There was every kind of entertainment one could dream of: from sumo wrestling, to blow-up obstacle courses, to a velcro wall, as well as crafts tables, live music, and cook outs. After burning off all your breakfast calories on the many games, there were constantly burgers and hot dogs on the grill, snow cones in the shade to cool off with, and a tropical-themed mocktail bar.


If I had to pick, I would have to say the sumo wrestling was my favorite. There is something about being tackled to the ground and not feeling a thing, and the hilarity of being stuck on the ground like a rolly-polly when you lose, that made the event a great last hurrah before Finals and Little 500.

No comments: