Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break 2010: Munster, IN

Many other bloggers would probably have titled their spring break blog something more exciting, like "Panama City Beach" or "Cancun 2010." While Munster may not be the most exciting spring break vacation spot, there was nowhere else I'd rather have been this year, because I got to come home and watch my brother play in Munster High School's Battle of the Bands.


He and I have played small shows and open mics together, but seeing him play in a full band competing with other groups and doing a really amazing job was the highlight of my spring break--the week isn't even over yet and I already know I can say this!



My brother, Michael, plays lead guitar and sings some, too. They played a lot of really challenging songs and pulled every one off great. I felt like both a proud parent and a paparazzi member sneaking up in front of the stage to get photos, but everything about this night was worth it, even though his band, Alterior Motives, didn't end up taking first place. There's always next year!

No comments: