Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let it Snow, Let Classes Be Cancelled!


The recent abundance of snow has transformed IU's campus to something we did not even see before the winter holiday break. Everything sparkles as I walk to class, and to keep my mind off the freezing cold water sopping in my shoes, admiring and appreciating the scenery brightens the cold days.
























The university's gardening provides perfect splashes of color against the perfect white snow, reminding me of and making me miss Christmas even as I look forward to Spring Break. These trees in the Arboretum are my favorite on snowy days like this, as well as the red berry trees without leaves on South Jordan Ave. outside Delta Gamma, across from Read.


For those who are not as crazy about snow as I am, at the very least, it is something pretty to look out your window at, and a reason to hope for cancelled classes. After all, we did have a snow day in late January of last year for the first time in about 40 years!

No comments: