Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Student Society for Cancer Research at IU

A newly formed campus organization, started by my friend Caleb "Josh" Joshua Habimana-Griffin, is starting to plan its first activities for cancer research fundraising.


Since I was in Fort Wayne this weekend, I missed the club's second meeting. Ben Baroff, one of the club's event planners, met with me for lunch yesterday to fill me in on what I missed. We will be having 3-on-3 basketball tournaments, T-shirt and wrist band sales, and possibly a car wash to raise money to donate to the Jimmy V. Foundation, which goes directly to cancer research.


Be on the look out for our tables set up around campus in the next month, where you can sign up to volunteer at future events, purchase t-shits or wristbands, and make donations. Anyone can join, and the time commitment revolves around your schedule and how much you want to put in. Although it is a brand new organization, it's extremely inspirational to me, and every member's story as to why they joined is touching. To do good deeds, build volunteer work on your resume, or just for fun, sign up for the club today!

1 comment:

marie wriss said...

awareness of a brand is critical when making a marketing campaign, i always tell my clients what is the best for them to do. I believe the wristbands are a great way to make awareness of your product, is kind of like a hip idea. Thanks for this great post, is was really interesting to read this article.